Monday, August 15, 2005

Top Five Wasp Costumes!

Luckily for us, there is a fellow out there named Ragno Dimaggio, who put together (on his neat website here) all of Wasp's costumes!!

Here are my top five!!

5. Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is a nice one, I thought, designed by Alan Davis when he took over the art on Avengers from George Perez a few years back. It is stylized, but not TOO stylized. I dig it.

4. Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This George Perez is so different that it has always stuck in my mind.

3. Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This design, from the mid-#50s, was the first Wasp costume to really mature past some of her goofier early costumes. In it, you can see the inspiration for a lot of future costumes.

2. Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This design came from Carlos Pachecho's Avengers Forever, and was followed during most of Geoff Johns and Chuck Austen's run. I think it is a strong outfit, with just enough of an Ultimates sensibility to seem modern and "hip."

1. Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This was from Roger Stern and John Buscema's run, so maybe I like it because I liked the stories so much, but really, I think that it is one of the simple, yet effective costumes. A real follower of the Ron Frenz Rule!

That's it for me, let's see YOUR picks!

1 Comments:

Blogger John Lombard said...

Hah! I'm a big fan of 2 as well -- also, it doubles as her Giant Woman costume.

8/15/2005 5:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home