Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Really Cool Scene - Captain Cold in Suicide Squad

Suicide Squad as a whole was a cool series, and as a result, it had a LOT of "cool scenes" (even for a cool series, it had a LOT of "cool scenes").

One of the ones that jumps out to me was the one during 1988, in issue #17.

Here is the cool cover...Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Now recall, this is well before Geoff Johns made Captain Cold cool in the pages of the Flash.

At the time, I thought, "He doesn't NEED to be 'made' cool, because Ostrander did it already a dozen years later!"

The Squad was fighting a group of Muslim villains.

Cold is matched up against a fire-themed villain.

The other guy burns Cold a bit, but then Cold mocks him with a derisive response, "Hell is cold, hate is cold, and I'm Captain Cold"

And then he freezes the guy to death.

Ostrander knew cool.

I think I'll be revisiting this series later on!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home