Thursday, March 09, 2006

I'd Have Not Made D-Man a Loony

I think that D-Man was a fairly noble superhero who had some enjoyable stories during Mark Gruenwald's Captain America run.

I do not think he would have made a very good Avenger, but I enjoyed the fact that Captain America asked him.

Later on, I thought it was interesting to see him become a hero for the homeless (although I did not like the way it was played for laughs in early issues of Avengers Volume 3).

Therefore, I think there is enough interesting stories in the idea of a superhero for the homeless that I would not have made D-Man, well, nuts, as he was recently in an issue of Daredevil.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd not have had him disappear way back When Steve was the Captain, just for the sake of redoing Bucky.

I'd have had him continue as Steve's sidekick--or had him join with the Falcon & Nomad to continue as a sort of team.

3/18/2006 5:58 PM  
Blogger thekelvingreen said...

Also, the "he's nuts" thing didn't seem to have anything to do with the story. It seemed just like Bendis knew he needed to put a subplot in, and decided to shite on a d-lister (ha!) to do it.

3/18/2006 9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home