Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Top Five Spider-Man Nicknames!

TOP FIVE NICKNAMES FOR SPIDER-MAN!

5. Arachnid

I think I have only seen this one once or twice, but I HAVE seen people refer to him as an arachnid. Usually something like, "That infernal arachnid!"

4. Webhead

See this earlier Top Five for more details.

TIE FOR SECOND!!

Wallcrawler and Webslinger

I really do not think that either of them is better than the other one. They are both equally good.

That being said, I happened to catch an episode of Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends the other day, and to actually HEAR someone call him "Hey, look! It's the Wallcrawler!"?

Sounds pretty dorky.

1. Spidey

This HAS to be #1!

This is THE nickname.

Anyone care to differ?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Somewhere, John Byrne is seething with unbridled anger.

12/14/2005 2:56 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Hmmm. Personally, I've always enjoyed "Webslinger" way more than Spidey, because "Spidey" sounds...like he's a three year old, I guess.

But hell, the fact that one character even HAS six nicknames to compile a list of speaks volumes about his popularity.

12/14/2005 9:43 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

...and as an addendum since I just read your "Head" nickname post for the first time, I've gotta say that Marvel is much better at the nickname thing.

With a few exceptions, DC usually just settles on abbreviations, like "Supes", "Bats", "GL", or ... you get the picture.

Although I'd give my right eye if they started calling Martian Manhunter "Marty".

I should go now, I've said too much.

12/14/2005 9:47 PM  
Blogger Jonathan low said...

look for the one that hulk calls him. thats way more funny especially if u hear hulk pronounces it.

3/24/2013 8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home