Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Top Five Firestorm Covers

In the height of laziness, I am just copying something I posted in reply to a post by Mike Sterling at Progressive Ruin.

So, with no further ado, are my top five favorite Firestorm covers!!

5. Firestorm (current) #18



That's a creepy image, no?

4. Firestorm (first series) #2



Always fun to see Superman be a jerk on a comic book cover

3. Firestorm (second series) #77



I always just remember this cover being so striking. The kiss looks so WEIRD!

2. Firestorm (second) #4



It's the JLA attacking Firestorm while he's with Killer Frost! Pat Broderick could occasionally rule!

1. Firestorm (second) #50



Denys Cowan and Firestorm are not two things I would put together in my mind, but darnit, it works!

Feel free to share your favorite Firestorm covers!

6 Comments:

Blogger naladahc said...

Firestorm #50 works on so many levels for me.

I think a lot of it has to do with the general Firestorm color palette and the start wide background with the "anniversary" border.

3/22/2006 7:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, now. I've only ever read two Firestorm comics - and I ain't about to change that - but gadzooks, man!

You forgot this one!

//\Oo/\\

3/22/2006 2:38 PM  
Blogger Brian Cronin said...

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I did not want to copy Mike, who had that on his list.

But yes, that cover is excellent.

3/22/2006 7:37 PM  
Blogger Marc Burkhardt said...

Firestorm #22 - "Building A Better Nuclear Man"

Made me pick up the new series and wonder what I had been missing. Never was a big Ronnie Raymond fan, but this newest incarnation has potential.

3/23/2006 5:26 AM  
Blogger T. said...

I love the Firestorm #2, it really looks like a Marvel cover (which makes sense because it's a comic by Conway and Milgrom). Just gotta say, that cover alliteration is freakin awful though. No one can pull off stuff like that except for Stan the Man.

3/24/2006 11:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember all those except the newer one.

I never got into firestorm too much---but it is fun to see Superman be a jerk on the cover--have you seen the covers on NAtional LAmpoons site about how BAtman is a dick?

It's hilarious.

3/25/2006 1:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home