Sunday, May 01, 2005

The Annoying Rival Battle Tournament - Who Will Win?

I have scoured comic book history, and picked out who I think are the top eight annoying rivals. I split them into two brackets - Secret ID annoying rivals and Teen comic annoying rivals - and then I seeded them.

Here are the two brackets:

SECRET ID ANNOYING RIVALS

1. Flash Thompson - Peter Parker's annoying rival from high school
vs.
4. J. Devlin Davenport - Bruce Wayne's annoying rival in the Gotham social scene

2. Steve Lombard - Clark Kent's annoying rival from WGBS
vs.
3. Cliff Carmichael - Ronnie Raymond's annoying rival from high school

TEEN COMIC ANNOYING RIVALS

1. Reggie Mantle - Archie's annoying rival in Riverdale
vs.
4. Hedy Wolfe - Patsy Walker's annoying rival

2. Alexandra Cabot - Josie and the Pussycats' annoying rival
vs.
3. Cheryl Blossom - Betty and Veronica's annoying rival

Please share your thoughts of who is the better annoying rival in each matchup, and I will post my picks for the winners of the first round on Tuesday!

2 Comments:

Blogger Scipio said...

1. Flash Thompson

Sorry, even I, a Batfan, can barely remember Davenport.

2. Steve Lombard

Steve is worse than Cliff for one inescapable reason: even Steve's WARDROBE was offensive.


1. Reggie Mantle

Reggie, hands down. No one is more annoying than Reggie Mantle.

2. Alexandra Cabot

Well. Almost no one.

5/01/2005 10:21 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

I always thought of Veronica as Betty's annoying rival.

Chosing based on which character I'd most like to see stuffed into the business end of a wood chipper: Davenport, Steve, Hedy, and Alexandra.

5/03/2005 11:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home